For students who withdraw from SHIK during the school year, refunds will only apply if tuition was paid 6 months or 1 year in advance.
To receive a refund, the child’s parent or legal guardian must notify SHIK in writing at least 2 weeks before your child’s last day. In the even that a written 2-week notice is not submitted, you will be charged 2 extra weeks of tuition. Please see the refund amounts below:
* Students who withdraw having paid their tuition 1 year in advance: 80% of the tuition balance will be refunded.
* Students who withdraw having paid their tuition 6 months in advance: 60% of the tuition balance will be refunded.
School credit system:
Credit (not a refund) will be applied to your Request for Payment only in the following cases:
– Hospitalization with severe symptoms: 75% of the absent days will be credited.
Please provide a note from the hospital or doctor written on an official letterhead stating the details of the sickness and when your child is cleared to return to school.
– Students who take a 1 month (22 school days) trip to their home country: 75% of the absent days will be credited.
– Credit for the 1 month trip will only be issued if a 2 weeks notice is submitted to SHIK in writing by the child’s parent or legal guardian. Please also provide copies of the airline tickets in your child’s name to and from their home country.
No school credit will be given for any absence from SHIK that takes place during scheduled school holidays.